Want to learn how to swim like a mermaid? Check out Aquamermaid, which recently opened.
Classes take place each Saturday at Vanderbilt University, 2700 Children’s Way in Nashville. You can also book a party or schedule a private lesson at your hotel or home.
Here’s what you need to know about Aquamermaid:
- Aquamermaid was founded in 2015 by Marielle Chartier Henault who wanted to bring her passion for swimming to a mermaid school. Currently, there are over ten locations from Vegas to Nashville.
- For each class, they provide the monofin. The mermaid tails are made of a stretchy fabric that goes up to the waist. They have a variety of sizes to fit from children ages 7 and up.
- Each class is approximately one hour. Beginning with a five-minute introduction on how to wear the tail, swim test; you must be able to tread water for one minute and swim 25 meters, introduction to the dolphin kick, games, and ending with free time for photos.
- There are classes for all ages- kids to adults.
- Most of all at Aquamermaid they want you to have fun, be active, and always learn.
To book a class or to see the latest updates, visit their Facebook page.missing or outdated ad config