Henley, the award-winning restaurant in Nashville’s Midtown neighborhood, has reopened its doors for dine in service with limited seating and a refreshed menu crafted by executive chef Daniel Gorman.
The menu has undergone a seasonal update and features a creative selection of snacks, salads, main dishes and cocktails. Highlights include Sweet Cucumber & Steel Trout Crudo with fennel, dill, chili, coriander and lime; Burnt Broccoli Salad with Alabama white sauce, bacon, grapes and reserved cheddar; and Pan Roasted Scallops + Grits with Gifford’s bacon, green onion, charred okra, smoked scallop and chili XO sauce.
Additionally, Henley’s bar team has created several refreshing, summer libations to compliment the food menu. Cocktail highlights include Pickin’ Wildflowers with Square One botanical vodka, chamomile + honey syrup, grapefruit, pink peppercorn and bubbles; and Front Porch Sippin’ with Cruzan aged rum, black tea, charred blackberry syrup, pineapple and lemon.
The restaurant resumes service with enhanced health and cleaning protocols designed to ensure the space continues to be a safe, welcoming space for everyone. An overview of practices and guidelines includes:
- Following all local health and safety protocols
- Using EPA-registered cleaning products for our high-touch areas and work
- Screening employees for signs of illness; sick employees will stay or return home as appropriate
- Providing employees the proper equipment, including face coverings and gloves
- Requiring frequent hand washing and work station sanitation at frequent intervals
- Physical distancing by limiting the number of guests per table, and ensuring tables are placed a minimum of six feet apart
The new menu is available for guests to enjoy at home through curbside pick up and delivery via third-party service Uber Eats. To ensure food is prepared and delivered safely, Henley is:
- Ensuring the safe, sanitary and secure packing of take out food
- Frequent cleaning and sanitizing of high-touch areas such as door handles and pick up counters at frequent intervals throughout the day
- Arranging pick-up entrances and exits to support physical distancing
- Ensuring all packaging for pick-up and delivery orders are secure and clearly labeled
More information on Henley’s commitment to safety and cleanliness can be found here.
“We’re grateful for the support the Nashville community has shown us over the past few months, and are thrilled to welcome our guests back to our dining room again,” says James Garrido, general manager of Henley. “We know things might look a little different for the time being, but we are committed to delivering a safe and top notch dining experience for our guests.”
Reservations can be made by calling the restaurant at 615.340.6378 or through OpenTable. Curbside pickup orders can be placed by calling the restaurant and delivery is available through UberEats.