James Beard Award-winning and Michelin-starred Chef Tony Mantuano, along with leading wine and hospitality expert Cathy Mantuano, are pleased to announce the joining of forces with The Pizzuti Companies to direct the food and beverage program at the esteemed company’s luxury hotel development, The Joseph, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Nashville (401 Korean Veterans Boulevard).
Working hand in hand with The Pizzuti Companies, the Mantuanos are contributing their culinary expertise to a vision long imagined by President Joel Pizzuti. Together, they are developing creative direction, menus, execution and the spirit of hospitality for three distinct dining outlets. The Joseph will open in Nashville’s SoBro neighborhood on August 25.
The restaurants include Yolan, where the Mantuanos showcase what they are best known for, luxury Italian dining; Denim, a stunning rooftop lounge with food inspired by Italy’s casual eateries; and Four Walls, an intimate cocktail bar sporting hand-crafted concoctions and light “cicchetti”, or snacks.
The celebrated couple will bring their award-winning background to Nashville beginning with Yolan, a, fine Italian dining experience which is now open.
At Yolan, guests can expect a menu featuring Italian food whose reverence of ingredients speaks for itself. From modern cuisine to heirloom, family recipes, Yolan’s inventive dishes pay homage to every region in the boot prepared with the utmost attention to detail.
- Pasta made in-house daily, thoughtfully sourced products from local farmers and Chef Mantuano’s personal rolodex of Italian purveyors provides guests with dishes like Risotto with lobster and saffron; Pasta all’Amatriciana with guanciale and tomatoes;
- Roasted Whole Fish with herbs, citrus and extra virgin olive oil
- Veal Milanese with celery, Parmigiano Reggiano and organic greens.
- For those seeking an extra luxurious touch, guests can enjoy Caviar Service with burrata, potato pancakes and chives.
- Bistecca Tomahawk with baked potato and herbed whipped lardo.
- House-made dolci include Gelati Assortiti; Olive Oil Cake with mascarpone; and more.
Cathy Mantuano created a custom selection of wines for Yolan. More than 600 bottles will be visible from the restaurant’s airy dining room, including Italian labels such as Barolo and Barbaresco from Gaja and Vietti, Piemonte; Chianti Classico from Castello di Ama, Toscana; Champagne method sparkling wines from Ferrari, Trentino and Ca` del Bosco, Franciacorta; and wines from American innovators such as California’s Iron Horse Vineyards, Field Recordings, and Union Sacre as well as Oregon’s Swick. Expect to find a range of organic and biodynamic selections, as well as those made by prominent women winemakers from Italy and other parts of the world.
Spirits also play a significant role at Yolan. From handcrafted mixed drinks to extensive digestivi and amari selections housed on a custom-made cart and presented tableside, Italian cocktail culture will thrive.
Yolan serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner daily. For more information, visit https://www.yolannashville.com.
Details about Denim and Four Walls will be announced soon. For additional information and to stay up to date about The Joseph, visit https://www.thejosephnashville.com/